Thursday, January 13, 2005

Unfaithful

Watched this last night. Everyone told me how sexy this was, and it is. But nobody told me how incredibly sad it is. What an incredible performance by Diane Lane. Really remarkable. I wasn't expecting much out of this film at all, but it's absolutely beautiful. And I enjoyed watching the interview by Charlie Rose of Adrian Lyne, Richard Gere, and Diane Lane that was included in the extras. Charlie Rose is annoying, quite frankly, but there were some great comments made by Lyne, Gere, and Lane. I love their references to the Pinteresque moments and how much of the film is the silence between words. Oh! And the scene where she turns off the light! Brilliant. Yeah. Really good movie.

1 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Blogger Kath said...

I love the very last image of the movie, the three of them sitting in their car at that stoplight...You're right, Dave, it is an incredibly sad film.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home