Tuesday, November 02, 2004

something odd...

I checked the number of electoral voters by state from The New York Times versus USA Today. They match up. And yet, when I drop states declared into a spreadsheet for USA Today, I get a vote of 168-113 for Bush and USA Today says it's 170-112. Huh? At first, I thought maybe it was because of the potential splitting of votes in Maine, but that ain't it, as they link Maine to an article on their site that says Kerry gets at least 3 of the 4 votes there. Additionally, if they weren't calling one or more of the Maine votes, then their projection should total less than mine. But they show one vote more than I do. Again, huh?

I don't want to make too big a deal of this, but if this election is as close as people have speculated it will be, a vote or two here or there in the Electoral College could mean the difference between four more years of global hatred and four new years of ally building.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home