Friday, May 20, 2005

Norton!

Wow. I'm sitting at my desk, sorta stunned. And incredibly excited. Just received an email from the editor of the Norton sudden fiction and flash fiction anthologies. Remember the Norton anthologies from high school and/or college English classes? Man, I sure do. I devoured those suckers. If I remember correctly, Norton was the first place I became exposed to stories like "The Lottery." Well, I didn't realize it, but Norton also has done Flash Fiction: Very Short Stories and Sudden Fiction. And they're issuing new volumes and have asked for SmokeLong to submit five pieces to be considered for inclusion in these books! I'm seriously about to wet myself.

10 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Blogger buck said...

ZOWIE!!!! Dave, that's fantastic!! Details, how did this happen?? Congrats. This is HUGE!!

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Sharon Hurlbut said...

Whooo-hooo! Dave, that is awesome news. Congratulations!

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Dave Clapper said...

I have absolutely no idea how they stumbled across SmokeLong, but obviously I'm delighted that they did. I have been unable to think about much else since receiving the email. I want to go out and find every previous volume of the two anthologies and read them cover to cover RIGHT NOW.

Thanks so much for the congrats. I'm in a state of ecstatic shock. And yes, Barbara, I completely agree--choosing five pieces from the 150 or so that we've published is going to be brutal. But fun. :)

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Bev Jackson said...

Fan-friggin'-tastic, Dave!!! And well deserved. Smokelong's made its impression and time to reap the rewards. Wooohhoooooo!

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Dave Clapper said...

Thanks, Bev!

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger Myfanwy Collins said...

OUTstanding news! Congrats to you Dave and all of the Smokelongers. You deserve such a wonderful opportunity.

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Katie said...

How amazing! Congratulations!

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Dave Clapper said...

Thanks, Myf and Katie. :)

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Matt said...

Congratulation. It's a fine magazine. Whether or not college students are ever forced to read it, this is nice recognition of that.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Dave Clapper said...

Thanks so much, Jai and Matt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home