Tuesday, May 03, 2005

stuff from the last few days of the writing life

Haven't posted here in a while. So... lessee... both Cafe Irreal and Eyeshot rejected "Missing." Irreal seemed to like it okay and want more stuff, Eyeshot, not so much. C'est la vie. Y'all have read the piece. Any other suggestions?

Got the proofs of "Thicket" (which is the title some kind Zoe folks finally came up with for that piece about the deer) from NOÖ. Looks good! Yay! Ah, it's good to be in print.

Oh, and I had "Joy of Athena" out to Cherry Bleeds for quite a while, so I followed up with a query. Good thing I did, because he liked it and is gonna run it in the May issue. Yippee!

Other than that, I have a cold and I'm tired of it. I know I should be drinking more water and smoking less. It'd go away purty quick if I did, I 'spect. And, one final piece of news... got an email from a recruiter! First time that's happened in a long time. During the Dot Boom days, I literally used to average about one of these a day. Everyone at my company (at the time, I was working for the now dead Seasonticket.com) did. We were highly visible (we did, among other things, Major League Baseball's All-Star Game voting site) and did good work. Ah, those were the days. So I called the guy and I'm gonna talk to him to see what's what on Monday. My current job is okay, but I know I'm getting paid below market value.

Anyway... that's my news since last I posted. Been feelin' kinda down because I haven't gotten to see m'love as much as I'd like and the weather's been icky, but it's sunshiney again today and Sunday isn't too far off.

2 Comments:

At 6:20 AM, Blogger buck said...

congrats on the cheery bleeds acceptance, dave. feel better soon. that crud is making the rounds here again, too.

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Alice said...

Yay about the acceptance!

Sorry you're feeling sick. *hugs*

Now go get better!

Love,
Boo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home