Thursday, November 03, 2005

Day two ends, day three begins.

NaNo-wise, not a good day yesterday. Only 496 new words, which brings my grand total to 1886 words. To get up to where I should be by the end of the day today, I'd need to write 3114 words. I don't think that's likely to happen. Outside of NaNo, yesterday was a good day (which goes toward explaining why my word count was low). I got some things done that I've needed to do for an awfully long time. I don't have any big to-do's on my life list today, but I'm going to see my sister tonight, who is in town for a convention. I think it's been two years now since the last time I saw her. So I'm not going to open any veins if my word count is low--seeing her is much, much more important to me. That's not to say I won't write at all--I'll put as many words on the page as I can force out of myself before heading to the ferry terminal.

Okay, stepping away from the statistical part of NaNo... this is already turning into a very different experience than previous NaNo's. I came into this one knowing a very, very small amount about my characters, which is giving them lots of room to play. I commented yesterday that I was concerned about the plot resembling "Donnie Darko" too much. Well, last night, I had a completely different epiphany about the people in this story. And they're much, much darker than I had originally thought. Which might actually make this thing easier to write. At least, I hope so. (And the realization I had actually makes the working title of "Black, White, Red All Over" seem oddly prescient now.)

Okay. Time to write.

Technorati tags: ,

2 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Blogger Don said...

Tell your sis I said, "Hi."

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Keep on trucking. I too am trying to let go a bit more this time around, though I don't think I've had a similar epiphany yet. The key is to keep telling myself not to worry about where it's going, but it's tough to let go.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home