Monday, June 05, 2006

things I love today

In no particular order:

1) Seattle.
2) My new apartment in Seattle. It's good to be back home again.
3) The very helpful building managers in my new apartment.
4) The T1 line that this building has that costs only $20/month and that was set up as simply as plugging the ethernet cable into the back of my computer.
5) Vonage, which is plugged in through a router (which came free after instant rebate from Vonage), which was also really easy to set up, and which costs $25.00/month for unlimited local and long distance. Buh-bye, phone company!
6) My kids, who helped make my first full weekend in the apartment lots of fun.
7) The park nearby, which has a great playground and a trail which leads to it right across from my apartment.
8) My incredible girlfriend, who is now five minutes away, instead of an hour and a half away.
9) My cat, who is settling in nicely, and my girlfriend's multiple pets, who are all a blast (both for me and for my kids).
10) My girlfriend's daughter, who is endlessly entertaining to my two sons.
11) Safeco Field, where the three of us (girlfriend, daughter, and I) will be going tonight. It'll be girlfriend's first baseball game in Seattle (she followed several other teams growing up) and her daughter's first baseball game anywhere (I think).
12) Woodland Park Zoo, where the boys and I now have a family pass.
13) Ikea.
14) Prozac.

And I could add multiple things I love related to writing or editing, but just this once, I'll post something completely unrelated to either.

6 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

Nice list, though I can guarantee you'll fall out of love with Ikea soon enough. Though perhaps with enough Prozac ...

Glad to see everything working out for you, Dave. You deserve it.

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Myfanwy Collins said...

Didn't know you were moving. This is great. I'm happy for you, Dave. All sounds very right with your world.

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Dave Clapper said...

Thank ye, ladies. Baseball game was fun tonight. And K (gf's daughter) was funny after the game. E (gf) and I were holding hands and K kept sneaking peaks to confirm that we were, in fact, holding hands. We've not been at all demonstrative in front of any of our kids. I think all of them sort of suspect how we feel about each other, but they've never really seen it. So it was cute seeing her checking us out.

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Seattle! I keep forgetting you're so close to me! One day, we should have a writers' meet-up down there.

I love your list. Although I agree Ellen that Ikea may fall off there shortly.

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger katrina said...

Wonderful. Enjoy everything, Dave!

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger kathryn said...

Wow, Dave lots of changes! And Seattle - man I love Seattle. It's the one American city I really want to visit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home