Monday, June 20, 2005

Firebox Fiction

I don't know why, but I have never ever paid to enter a contest or to submit a piece for consideration. Anywhere. Assuming I can get off my ass and write two quality pieces, however, there's a good chance that's going to change soon. Night Train's annual Firebox Fiction contest will be open for submissions starting July 1. Robert Boswell will be the final judge. Here's the notice, as posted by editor Alicia Gifford:

Night Train will accept entries for its 50/50 Firebox Fiction Awards Competition from July 1st through August 31st. This is a competition for Firebox Fiction, stories 1000 words and under, with all entry fees split 50/50 between the journal and the top 3 winners, as judged by Robert Boswell. All three winners will be published in Night Train VII, Spring 2006.

Each entry fee of $10 entitles the entrant to send two stories for consideration. For further details, see Firebox Fiction or email firebox@nighttrainmagazine.com.

I'm pretty sure I've said it here before, but Night Train is my favorite print lit mag. Great staff, even better (and how that's possible, I don't quite know) content. I highly recommend this contest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home