Friday, November 19, 2004

Monkeybicycle

I was published a while ago in Monkeybicycle with a really silly piece entitled Stupid's Rising Up. Like me, they're based in Seattle. Wellll... at the moment, they have a fun thing going where they're looking for stories told in one sentence. GSG did something like this a while back and published a piece of mine called Remembering, and they were looking for loooooooong sentences, so I figgered Monkeybicycle was looking for the same. So I sent 'em something a few weeks ago, but now that they've started publishing some of 'em, I see that they like really short ones, too! Whee! I have a piece I've been trying to place for quite a while that's only 13 words long. We'll see if they like it. Come to think of it, I have an 8-worder as well. Okay! I'm off to submit that one, too! Whee again!

2 Comments:

At 6:11 AM, Blogger cq said...

hey hon got to your blog via frisky's. i'm definitely being a slackass lately. can't even remember the last time i checked the rendez-vous. and i'm not in the NaNo this year, either. not that i did well last year... i can't remember. anyway, i've been blogging lately (although haven't yet posted anything this week, hope to remedy that today). i'm glad you and your ladyfriend are happy. :) good luck with the writing endeavors, as usual. have i seen that 13-worder of yours? *smirk* that kinda sounds dirty.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Dave Clapper said...

Heh. No, the 13-worder isn't dirty. It's... what's that word hip pubs like to use? oh yeah, edgy. Yeah, it's edgy. We'll go with that. :)

Good to see ya! And the RV? Completely dead. I've been doing all my writing stuff on Zoetrope for a while now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home