Friday, October 07, 2005

NaNoWriMo


So I've decided to take a stab at NaNoWriMo again this year. Considering I haven't written anything of substance in months, this is probably insane, but my hope is that it'll get my ass in gear again. My goal is to write without much thought for polish--just slam the words out there as fast as I can. If whatever comes of it is worthwhile, I can go back and edit later. I think, in the past few years, I've worried too much about whether what I was writing was any good or not. So this year, I'm giving my permission to suck. And suck bad.

Technorati tags: ,

8 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Blogger Matt said...

I so want to do the same, but it's such a struggle. Last year, I think I got out around 12,000 words, but I slowed myself down so much by constantly revising. I promised myself I wouldn't do that, but I lied. This year I'm making the same promise again. We shall see. Good luck to you. Here's to letting ourselves suck.

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger crissachappell said...

good luck!

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger fin said...

It's okay to suck...really, it's okay!

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Sharon Hurlbut said...

Yes, I want to try again too, even if it's nonsense words strung together, I'm dying to get something on the page. Let's all suck! (wait...that didn't come out right ; ) )

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Dave Clapper said...

Thanks, y'all. I used to be really good about allowing myself to suck, and was able to write on an almost daily basis. For some reason, though, my inner critic has been really vociferous recently, so hopefully I'll be able to shut him up next month. :)

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger buck said...

great move, Dave. i'll be cheering from the sidelines.

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

I'll be right there with you, man. I failed miserably last year but every year is a new year and this year I know I'll do it. Not that I've written 50,000 this year, but, well, yeah.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger k1tchenwitch said...

I'm trying again too. Good luck! yours in suckage, ~t

 

Post a Comment

<< Home