Thursday, January 27, 2005

my old roommate

So I was wandering around the alumni database site for Northwestern University yesterday. Found the email for my Sophomore year roommate. He and I were both in the same acting class, among other things. We also had an entrance to Narnia in our closet, although we could never find our way there, alas.

It's interesting to note what we've both ended up doing. I wrote only very occasionally in college--acting was my main thing. And Bill had a double major in Theater and Comparative Religions. I wonder if the Comp. Religions stuff came later, because I don't remember him being all that into it. Of course, I was stoned an awful lot of the time.

Anyway... I wrote him asking if he remembered Meg Boscov. She was also in our acting class, and is now married to (small world) Randall Brown, who is the Features Editor for SmokeLong. He emailed back quickly telling me that of course he remembered Meg and to say hi for him (which I've since relayed along to Randall). At the end of his email, in his sig line, was the address for his website: www.billwoodstoryteller.com. I knew that Bill was working as a storyteller, but I'd never really seen much of the details of it. And there they are.

Know the thing that's really annoying about his site, though? He hasn't aged a single freaking day. If anything, he looks younger than when we were roommates. Grrrrr. Isn't he just cute as a button? Grrrrrr.

Ah, well. Having seen him perform Shel Silverstein's "The Smoke-Off" on a couple of occasions, I can tell you that Bill knows how to tell a story. So if you happen to live sorta generally in the Philadelphia area, keep your eyes peeled for the chance to go see Bill at a library or school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home