Tuesday, June 20, 2006

7 Things Meme

Eep! I just did one of my periodic Technorati searches and realized I'd been tagged by both Ellen Meister and Katie Weekley for a meme... in February. I'm a bad blogger. So here, at last, are my 7 things.

Seven things to do before I die:
1. Get both of my kids through college.
2. Finish a novel.
3. Quit smoking.
4. Make sure SmokeLong isn't something that'll die with me.
5. Make enough money that my kids don't have to support me when I'm old.
6. Get a novel published.
7. Get back on stage again.

Seven things I cannot do:
1. Eat green olives.
2. Vote for a Bush.
3. Watch golf.
4. Read a romance novel.
5. Play the banjo (it's not an instrument you can learn to play quietly, or I'd probably try).
6. Wear tighty-whities.
7. Go off my meds.

Seven things that attract me to my mate:
1. Her intelligence.
2. Her honesty.
3. Her eyes.
4. Her... well, I could make the parts of her body several entries, but I'll just say her body. Yum.
5. Her talent.
6. Her creativity.
7. Her compassion.
(This was the easiest seven to fill out, by far.)

Seven things I say:
1. That's a good question.
2. Leave your brother alone.
3. I love you.
4. Do you have to go potty?
5. Yes, you're very cute. (I say this to pets a lot.)
6. Whee! (I actually type this more than actually saying it.)
7. I don't know.

Seven books I love:
1. "The River Why" by David James Duncan
2. "My Life in Heavy Metal" by Steve Almond
3. "The Blind Assassin" by Margaret Atwood
4. "Mysteries of Pittsburgh" by Michael Chabon
5. "The Coast of Chicago" by Stuart Dybek
6. "Cat's Cradle" by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
7. "Gilead" by Marilyn Robinson

Seven movies that I've loved:
1. "Delicatessen"
2. "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai"
3. "Off the Map"
4. "The Princess Bride"
5. "My Dinner With Andre"
6. "This Is Spinal Tap"
7. "Some Kind of Monster"

Seven People I Tag (gonna go with folks outside the usual Zoe suspects, since this meme seems to have made that circuit already):
1. MiamiCatt
2. Breezy
3. HistoryDetective
4. Don
5. PhoenixMons
6. Matt Getty
7. CQVenus

3 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Blogger HistoryDetective said...

I did it! Was I the first?! Woohoo!!!

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Dave Clapper said...

Yup, I just checked everyone else and you, my friend, are number one!

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Don said...

OK, I've tried to do the 7 Things Meme for a couple of days now but, either I can't think of 7 things, can't narrow down to 7 things, or have a list of 7 but worry about what I left off the list. I've spent way too much time on it, but I've saved it and may return to it in the future. If it ever gets finished, I'll let you know.

And, no I cannot simply enjoy a silly little meme without turning it into a ridiculously huge project. But, then, that's part of my...charm?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home