Wednesday, July 26, 2006

my feeble attempt at a blog poem

This was sort of fun, but I didn't do as good a job as Sharon did. Here's my attempt, followed by the blogs from which the lines came:

"we just want you to be happy"

despicable characters who have a moment of redemption
will threaten to tear you in two

Enough about death for now

despite my best efforts, a lot of concentration, and several curse words,
I have never vomited over a guy before
Made from spare car and computer parts,
he'd already fulfilled his calling, but didn't know it.
They aren't actually slathered with honey.

Forgive me while I powder my nose
obsessively, while sipping Red Stripe

A photo is helpful but certainly not necessary.

Catt Poop
Katrina Denza
Myfanwy Collins
Daphne Bueter
Sharon Hurlbut
History Detective
Matt Getty
Sarcastic Fringehead
Mike Young
Stephanie Anagnoson
Theresa Boyar
Ellen Meister

Oh, in case you haven't read Sharon's post, the idea is to pull lines from blogs you like to read to assemble a poem. The order of the blogs listed at the end corresponds to the order of the lines in the poem.

5 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Blogger katrina said...

Wow! This is very cool, Dave.

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Dave Clapper said...

Thanks! Sharon's is better than mine, though. You should do one. It's fun.

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Sharon Hurlbut said...

This is a hoot, Dave! Well done.

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Dave Clapper said...

Thanks for the inspiration, Sharon!

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Mike Young said...

Hahaha, sweet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home