Friday, June 30, 2006

summer


The weekend is almost here, which means the kids will be with me again. Beautiful, beautiful E wrote something great inspired by our time at her place last weekend and she's agreed to let me share it here. She also took the accompanying picture, which I love (you can click on it to see it full-size). Here are her words:

How does the seal go? the small boy cries, standing naked in the kiddy pool, big water-filled gut, and his father makes the noise, and the boy says, I'm a seal, I am bigger than the sharks, and the boy says, What's this? Ribbit and the father calls, A frog! and the boy goes, Good! and he aims the hose, set on Jet, into the plum tree leaves and says, I'm giving them food so they won't die, and then he turns the Jet onto the little dog, who devours it, section by section, as if it were a rattler, and the father calls, Don't get the dog wet again! And the dog stands away and shimmies her drenched fur, a smart little dance, her lion head first and then her tummy and then her bushy tail, and her slender back legs stretch high, wriggle, and her rear paws leave the ground and the boy shoots the water at her, yells, Do it again!

3 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

I love it. Yay, E!

 
At 5:10 AM, Blogger Myfanwy Collins said...

I love this--all of it. Perfect. Makes me smile.

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger katrina said...

Wonderful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home