Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Buy a book for a soldier.

If you know me, you know how I feel about the war. And if you don't know me, going through early entries in this blog would probably clue you in pretty quickly. That said, there's a program that I think just about anyone, regardless of political stripe, can support. Buy a book for a soldier. The list of titles is fairly limited, but I can vouch for the writing of one of the authors, Tom Sheehan, as we published his work in SmokeLong. I'd love to see some larger book retailers undertake such a program. Kudos to Press 53, and thanks to Clifford Garstang for pointing it out.

6 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Blogger Bravie said...

What a good idea. I may just pick something up when I go to the mall tomorrow.

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Bravie said...

wait, i think I'm being a blonde. I need to purchase it from the website?

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Dave Clapper said...

Yeah, I think so, alas, which makes for a pretty small selection. I'm gonna see if I can plant this idea in the ears of a larger retailer.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Thomas White said...

I took a writing class under John Ehle. Landbreakers isn't one of my favorites, but I like his work.

This is a great idea. I'm going to do it.

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Dave Clapper said...

Cool. Thanks, AA. Good to see ya!

 
At 3:34 AM, Blogger sherylmonks said...

Dave, just wanted to let you know that our Buy a Book for a Soldier program is back. And this time, our list has grown to over twenty excellent books. Plus, we're publishing five more this fall, two you (and your readers) might be especially interested in -- a new collection of stories by Tom Sheehan and another re-issue from John Ehle (Lion on the Hearth). We may have to extend our Aug. 31 end date. To be honest, you can order books from us anytime and tell us to send them to soldiers and we'll give you the same discount. It's really a year-round program. We're just reminding people again near Independence Day.

Thanks much for posting news last time. We appreciate it.

~ sheryl, P53

 

Post a Comment

<< Home