Thursday, February 10, 2005

Top Three

I know it's a silly thing to be excited about, but I've been a member of Zoetrope since October of 2003. In that time, I've posted 24 flashes in the Flash Wing. I've always gotten good scores on my pieces, but I never cracked the top three in any given month. Until now. And the nifty thing about getting there with this particular story is that almost all of the people who critiqued it are people I don't know that well. So that's kinda cool. And it came at a pretty good time, too. I was feeling kinda frustrated by the publishing world: StoryHouse, which publishes flashes on the sides of coffee bags finally rejected a piece of mine that I submitted a little over a year ago (and they should have--in re-reading it, I'm seeing major changes I want to make), and Zygote was supposed to have a new issue with a piece of mine in it live on Monday. And it still ain't live. So I'm taking good news where I can find it, thanks very much.

3 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Blogger Buter said...

Hi Dave, congrats with this. I enjoyed your blog as well and I'll zoeff back in some time later.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Marty Ison said...

Congratulations, Dave! Now the next step is world domination. :)

Peace,
Marty

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Dave Clapper said...

Well, that is SLQ's unwritten mission, you know: taking over the world, one thousand words at a time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home